After uploading a HMI project to Nextion display via PC and power on, the screen shows “model does not match”.
– The wrong model was chosen when set up the HMI project, please go to “Device” and select the correct model, re-compile the HMI project.
– The USB to TTL module for uploading is not reliable, please try with another USB to TTL module. Our recommendation is to use the Foca Max.
If reverting back to an earlier Nextion Editor version, use your “backup copy” of your HMI file that you backed-up before installing and trying out new software. If you forgot to make a backup (no-no-no tsk-tsk), open the “Version backup folder” and copy your old HMI file from the folder to use (and thank the Nextion Editor that it made a backup before converting into the new Editor version format).
All Editor versions before v0.38 are now prevented from use. Version v0.38 and later versions are more stable and incorporated many more features and capabilities than early Editor versions. Elder versions if truly required can found in the Forum Announcements > Nextion Editors and Change Logs. (Users must register and login to access the Forum)
The LTS Edition (Long Term Support) based on v0.53 is provided for code compatibility for existing projects created with v0.53 and prior.
Ensure that your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables are up-to-date. Updates from Microsoft for their Visual C++ Library Redistributables includes bug fixes for existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables that for a few users has solved rare and user specific issues related to the Nextion Editor starting properly. For most users, the Redistributables are updated automatically in their periodic Microsoft Windows Updates.
Visual C++ Redistributables can be found [here] on the Microsoft website.
Programming and Electronics knowledge are prerequisite
– there are many external internet resources available
– there is no need to replicate all global information here
Nextion can be used with 68,000+ MCUs with a Hardware/Software
TTL Serial, in 130+ programming languages.
It is the User Duty to know
– their chosen MCU
– their chosen Programming Language
– their chosen Compiler
– their chosen Libraries used
Attaching Files to your Forum Posts
To upload files (such as .HMI, .TFT, .ino, .pas, .cpp, etc) as attachments
1) please zip your files
2) then use this zip file as your attachment
3) Attachments are limited to 500K per attachment, 4 files per post allowed
Such also saves much storage space and time for others to download.
– not all community members live in super high bandwidth locales.
Create a new HMI project:
– in the Page Preinitialize Event add the code
Compile, upload and run your project.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
If it was burned by faulty operation, we certainly will not repair it for free.
Note that you need to use the two characters \r and not \n
Component .isbr attribute needs to be set to true.
Any desired whitespace padding is done via user code.
Check the back of your display. If imprinted with “TJCxxxxTxxx_xxx”, or “TJCxxxxKxxx_xxx” it means your display is a TJC model, which is not sold by ITEAD and we offer no support to such models.
Nextion’s microSD slot is primarily used to upload a TFT project file.
– The Intelligent Series has added capabilities, see Forum Announcements
Not all microSD cards are made for use with embedded devices.
– especially newer microSD cards made for cameras, etc.
Class 10 HC 8GB to 32GB cards have had good success. Others too.
– microSD card formatted as FAT32 under Windows
– microSD card is less than 32 GB
– only 1 TFT project file exists on the microSD card
– Nextion device is powered off before inserting microSD card
– insert the microSD card containing TFT project file
– power on Nextion with recommended clean power as per Datasheets
– Nextion device is undisturbed while uploading
– after upload “successed” indication power off Nextion
– after Nextion device is powered off then remove microSD card
– power on Nextion with recommended clean power as per Datasheets
– if new version of Nextion Editor, allow time for firmware to update
– wait for uploaded project to begin running on Nextion device
If microSD upload is unsuccessful
– Reformat the microSD card – ensuring FAT32 under Windows, and try.
– use a different microSD card (HC, Class 10, under 32GB), and try.
– compile a blank HMI project and try again.
– microSD card is not the only method to upload project – try via USB to TTL.
Using the above steps, the Nextion device will always run firmware upload
when an inserted microSD is detected at power on (power off before insert/remove)
This may be a Power supply problem. Please ensure to power your device according to the datasheet power supply range with the recommended supply of current. Under Voltage or under Current can cause damage. Over Voltage will cause damage. Too high or too low voltage is likely to damage back-light. For datasheet please refer to your model’s Datasheets [here]
Standard Support (Level 2) is offered to Itead customers.
– you must deal your Seller as per Buyer-Seller protection laws
– we only ensure the hardware itself works as expected
– please understand that we can not debug your code.
Supported is stated on the Standard Support page.
Enhanced Support is available by purchasing Tickets here
– quick and professional service, but indeed paid
Community Support is available via the Forum here
– community members will voluntarily answer when they desire.
Nextion is a 5V TTL Serial HMI device, be mindful
to ensure connecting to an appropriate adapter
The connection between Nextion and control device
Nextion Display -------- Control Device 5V --------------------------5V GND --------------------------GND TX --------------------------RX RX --------------------------TX
Ensure Ground with all used devices is common.
Control device: FOCA, USB-to-TTL, USB-to-UART, PC, MCU, Arduino
Ensure sufficient current supply as per Datasheets (here)
Not directly. For Basic or Enhanced Series models, animation can be frame by frame via user code. For the Intelligent Series, use the GmovMaker tool to create animations for the Gmov component.
No, this is not supported.
HMI is Human Machine Interface, not HDMI.
Please ensure Microsoft .Net 3.5 is installed
Sorry, No. The 2016 Goal for multiplatform was never met. Therefore, we will only support a Windows version. Ensure Microsoft .Net 3.5 is installed for Windows.
Others have used Windows under Linux and Mac (virtual machines, WINE, etc). Although user operating systems and used software is beyond the scope of Nextion support, it is indirectly possible.
No. TJC devices are not sold by Itead and we will offer no support.
TJC versions are allowed to be sold in China mainland only and supports Chinese only.
See TJC for support for TJC devices.
No. Nextion is not Open Source. Nextion will not be Open Source.
– we will not provide Nextion schematics, Nextion PCB layout, components used, Nextion Editor source code, or any of the design data involved.
What is available to the public has been made available
– please refer to your Nextion model’s Datasheet [here]